Wednesday, October 31, 2018

From Plate to Palate; A Fertility Journey Part 3




Well, Annette has done it again. I am so honored that Annette has chosen to share her  journey with us. There are over 20 million women who battle infertility or some women health issue that can lead to infertility. We all have to work toward supporting one another and listen to our story.

Everyone Please enjoy... I hope this will bless you.



There are times that I think to myself “are these natural healing techniques working” to help me conceive? Because sometimes, it’s hard to really measure it. But, when I meditate on it, I feel it and wholeheartedly believe it. Personally, I felt that forcing my body to conceive is not the route I ever wanted to go, so IVF wasn’t even on my radar. Everyone is different, and knows their body more than ANYONE else does, so whatever route that they choose is up to them! I know that, for me, I didn’t want to force nature because something in my heart tells me that my body still needs some healing to do in order to create the right environment to carry a child. So, amping up the natural healing modalities is what I’m doing. And, I have to say, I am LOVING them!

Aside from focusing on a highly plant-based lifestyle over the past 4.5 years, I really began increasing the amount of fruit in my diet over the past year - our reproductive system runs on natural sugars like honey, coconut water, fruit, veggies (YUM!). It is so alkalizing, healing to the body, and supportive of the reproductive system! We need to eat fruit to bear fruit.

One of the key ingredients to this fertility recipe is prayer. There is nothing more relaxing and comforting to me than that. When the timing is right, God will bless us with our own little angel. I strongly believe that. We are on God’s watch, not our own, and He knows what’s right for each of us – I just need to keep leaning into that, and know that He’s got it covered! I still have to do some work of my own, but I rest in the fact that I have the Lord guiding us and watching our backs. There was a very personal prayer that the Pastors at our church prayed over me, my husband, and our future child that gave me so much comfort and peace, and I just knew something additional was healing in my body as soon as I walked out of church that evening. You can’t measure everything in a physical manner – there are some things that are just felt by the heart.

I have been going to acupuncture for the past 6 months - the first few months I was focusing on my shoulder discomfort, not really fertility (thankfully, the shoulder discomfort has gone down significantly, so I know something is working!). But, it wasn’t until July/August that I had the acupuncturist really start focusing more on fertility – I don’t know why I waited so long for that piece, but timing is everything. My heart was finally telling me to start pumping up the jam on the acupuncture! So, we did. When I say we, I mean me AND my husband. It takes two to tango, and guys need it too sometimes. To me, acupuncture is extremely relaxing, and I find myself almost in another realm while getting it done. The energy blockages just start opening, and the body heals! While this may not happen for everyone, I know I can feel healing from it. Highly recommended!

I’ve also tried the Mayan abdominal massage a few different times, and really enjoy it! There are other abdominal techniques that can be stronger and more intense, but I like to lean into practices that are more calming and relaxing, so I chose this massage technique. It’s great for clearing energy pathways, and great for gut health too (which is what I have been working on healing for the past 4.5 years; I still have a ways to go, but I can feel the healing happening). Cupping alongside the abdominal massage and reflexology have all been super relaxing, and I know that’s what my body has been craving (for YEARS) – to relax! Resting is part of the game, and my reproductive system sure needs some of it.

Saunas have been a nice addition to my routine over the past 6 months as it allows me to relax, have some extra prayer time, and sweat out those toxins! Also, following the moon cycles is still something I am learning about, but after digging a little deeper into the way the moon cycles, planet alignments, energy vibrations, etc., affect female cycles, I have become a strong believer in how we are so connected to every part of this universe. And, how the energy of the universe truly helps us! I have made it a practice to do new moon and full moon meditations, and ask the moon (which represents female energy; the sun represents male energy) to help guide and heal me. What a deep and beautiful connection I feel to it, especially since I synced my cycle up to the moon cycles (yes, it’s possible to do this)!

I hope this gives all of you some extra hope knowing that there are many natural healing modalities out there to work on healing the body (both women AND men), and I barely scratched the surface with the ones that I am practicing. I have a peace in my heart that all of these are working in conjunction with each other! Praying for all of you on your fertility journeys, and I hope that you each find peace in whatever techniques you are leaning into; you have the power to heal your body – many blessings to you!

Thanks
Annette Licitra
Integrative Health Coach + Wellness Chef
630.965.6454
Passionette Palate
*Schedule an appointment with me here*: https://www.vyte.in/annette@passionettepalate.com




No comments:

Post a Comment