Thursday, April 7, 2016

Beautiful Zen Birth


Beautiful Zen Birth
I call this Momma  Zen. Ha! "I would like to have contractions called waves or surges please." I remember walking away and I knew that this birth would be calm and beautiful. When I heard they had a Midwife I knew this would be a birth that I would never forget. the provider can really make a difference.

The day has come and I received the call. I arrived and I remember thinking their home reminded me of contemporary country living. I am greeted by the Dad who is nervous and anxious. I ask him how is she doing? He answered concerned but calm "strong". I sneaker. I can see mom laboring strong on the side of the bed with her room set for labouring. I enter her room and immediately drop my bags and get to work. My little Zen momma is determined to meet her little princess Gulianna. She is 5 days before her estimated due date. The soon to be Grand Ma so excited comes to collect the excited pups that has so much excitement because they know something is happening. I have Mom on the yoga ball for pelvic rolls, ice chips soft music and the most beautiful and aromatic lavender. Dad patiently and eagerly awaiting instructions comes over and rubs my back and in a soft voice says "that smells so good. Thanks". I was so pleased to see the look of relief on Moms face after breathing in the lavender. Watching Mom breath and Dad move so quietly around the room as he wait for my next set of instructions was so endearing to observe.

Time was near we had approach 5-1-1. I told Mom to let me know when she was ready.  Normally, I would start to head over but this Mom is so confident and in tune with her body. As that final surge passed mom looks at Dad and says I think its time. To see the softest and concerned look in Dads eyes showed excitement but a level of concern. I remember him rubbing her back and saying to her in the sweetest Italian filled accent "Your doing so good babe."

We arrived at the hospital with birth plan in hand and update staff on terms to use. I set up the room. we start in the shower, guided meditation/visualization, soft music and dark room. I start the lavender and prepare mom to experience every wave. Chanelle her Midwife enters the room and I notice how hands off and caring she was toward the mom and dad. I had a feeling this will not be the typical hospital midwifery delivery.

I hear my favorite words "I feel like I need to push". I notice my friend determination and drive have shown up and  I am eager to match them as they arrive. This Mom is pushing with so much drive, determination and resilience. We worked on relaxing and allowing her body do what's natural. momma Zen breathing and focusing on with every breath breathing the princess out. I have her visualize a wave of water washing over her body and as the wave starts to relax and breath. I love it. You can see Dad eyes light up with so much Joy as he realizes he is going to be meeting Gulianna in a few seconds. Being here apart of this family experiencing life, Joy and love all in a split instance is so heart warming and overwhelming.

Being a Doula is such a Blessing and being able to observe and be a part of a family new Journey is a Gift. I Thank each family. Each family push me to be great and be the best doula I can be.


Let's write your birth story.  

Tunisia Macklin
Peaceful Birthing Doula
Educate, Encourage, Empower and Serving Women
http://www.peacefulbirthingdoula.com
peacefulbirthingdoula@gmail.com
(630)481-6079


No comments:

Post a Comment