Wednesday, March 9, 2016

DOULA AND THE MOON

Doula and the Moon  
Blood moon, Blue moon, Super moon and Full moon. Whatever the moon I welcome you.


I would love it as every Mom approached her EDD (estimated due date) if I knew there was a full moon or any special lunar event expected I would get excited. I knew something special would happen. Every labour and delivery moment is special how ever when there is a full moon or some special lunar event I just know this labour and delivery experience will be different. I know there will be a story to tell.

I remember my very first super moon baby. Oh! boy this was one for the record books for me in my Doula career. My very first home water birth. I remember when I received the call I headed out. The moment I arrived at the families house and saw the moon, it appeared to be perched so perfectly on the roof of their home as to call all of nature. A beacon it seems to let every animal know to come out and great baby Corbin.

Momma labored beautifully and strong, Hubby was anxious and excited, kids were excited and their dog was on alert and standing guard outside the bed room as to say I know he is coming. Me the Doula of course you know I was ready and excited. I couldn't get over how beautiful everything came together. It was as if the heavens were shining upon a new birth.

After guided meditation, massage and hip rocking on all fours in the pool Momma had been welcomed into labour land. We no longer existed. As morning broke right outside the window humming birds, chipmunks, lizards, geese and rabbit all came out to meet the new addition. I truly felt like I was in Bambi. It was the most beautiful thing. Baby boy was born with a hint of lavender and a lot of love in the air. Oh! how I thank the beautiful super moon for such an experience that it set into motion. That night I realized the science behind the relationship with the human and the moon, nature and the moon and now the Doula and the Moon.

Good night Moon!
I long to see you again.


To learn about me and my service please feel free to review my website. I would love to meet with you and help you have a safe, bold and beautiful birth...

Tunisia Macklin
Peaceful Birthing Doula
Educate, Encourage, Empower and Serving Women
http://www.peacefulbirthingdoula.com
peacefulbirthingdoula@gmail.com
(630)481-6079

Tunisia Macklin, Doula, Massage Therapist and Placenta Encapsulator
www.peacefulbirthingdoula.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment